- naturally stand out,
- live by a set of guiding values,
- have an innate concern for people,
- have and share a clear and inspiring vision,
- are confident and capable—yet not egotistical and self-centered, and
- understand and apply a core set of basic leadership principles.
What about authority? Having authority does not make someone a leader, it simply grants individuals the ability to make decisions that impact others. True leaders exert influence by gaining others’ trust, respect, and admiration.
I will provide additional insights on what sets true leaders apart in future blog entries.
Director of Operations / Program Director
Dallas / Fort Worth Area